Our Corporate Responsibility
At CSL, Corporate Responsibility (CR) is about conducting our business ethically and contributing to the economic, social and environmental well-being of our communities.
We believe that behaving responsibly is critical to the sustainability of our company.
We align CR with our business goals and ensure that it complements our unique capabilities and benefits our diverse set of stakeholders.
Our Purpose and Values form the foundation of CSL's global commitment to sustainability. Our Code of Responsible Business Practice further guides and shapes the way we do business. It defines our ethical standards and sets out our commitment to sustainable development.
Sustainability is governed by CSL's Executive Sustainability Committee. The Committee facilitates the development of our sustainability targets and drives awareness, integration and continuous improvement throughout the Company. The Committee reports to the CEO/ Managing Director and is further supported by the Board's committees.
Our Sustainability Strategy
We have identified ten focus areas across three strategic pillars that, over the medium to long-term, will see us reduce environmental impacts across our sites; strengthen our commitments and reputation with donors, patients and communities; and raise awareness and involvement toward sustainable practices amongst our workforce.
As a scientific and data driven company, we are undertaking specific measures and analysis to ensure that we set the right targets for the road ahead. Our strategy maps a pathway towards setting informed sustainability targets to achieve our vision.
Our Strategic Vision
CSL is committed to a healthier world. Our vision is a sustainable future for our employees, communities, patients and donors, inspired by innovative science and a values-driven culture.
Our Sustainability Strategy
- Integrate sustainability considerations into business decisions
- Reduce carbon emissions
- Minimise end to end production of waste through removal, reduction & recycling
- Reducing carbon emissions and waste in our supply chain
- Being trusted by donors through a focus on their experience and wellbeing, and their communities
- Strengthening societal health through access to our existing products and therapies and investment in innovation
- Enhancing our recognition as a patient-focused leader
- Raising awareness, visibility and action including the promotion of sustainability across the end-to-end working experience
- Communicating to and involving employees in programs that maximise diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ensuring all employees have access and opportunity to engage with community-giving programs and volunteering for local needs